RETEVIS RT3S DMR Radio Digital Walkie Talkie GPS DMR Ham Radio Amador 5W VHF UHF Dual Band Encryption Compatible with Mototrbo
<:Retevis RT3S has two version,without GPS version and with GPS version.When you make order,pls notice the difference.>>
Dual Band DMR
- Retevis RT3S is a dual band DMR radio,the frequency range is 136-174MHz and 400-480MHz.It use Time-Division Multiple-Access(TDMA) digital technology,comply with Digital Protocol ETSI TS 102 361-1,-2,-3,compatible with Motorola DMR radio and othe DMR digital walkie talkie.
Dual Mode operate/Dual Display/Dual Standby
- Retevis RT3S support dual mode operate,dual display and dual standby.It means you can set the channel as digital channel or analog channel,it depends on your need.You can also use the RT3S to talk with all analog radio,like Baofeng UV-5R/UV-82/bf-888S,Retevis H777,RT22,RT-5R and so on.
Dual Time Slot
- RT3S not only support dual time slot for repeater,but also support dual time slot for point to point.
- Dual capacity direct mode (DCDM) enables a single 12.5kHz channel to support two simultaneous and independent calls.
Color LCD Display
- Retevis RT3S has a large color LCD display,you can easily read the the channel/zone/time/power/function prompt/menu and so on.
High Gain Antenna
Support VFO Mode
- VFO mode means you can edit the frequency and channel settings by radio keypad.
Superior audio performance
- DMR digital technology provides better noise rejection and preserves voice quality over a greater range than analogue,especilly at the farthest edges of the transmission range.
Ease use of data applications
- The end-to-end digital nature of DMR means that applications such as text messaging,GPS,can be easily added onto radio devices and systems.
Two definable side key
- There are 2 side keys on RT3S. You can customize them as hot keys based on your needs by programming software mdashPower Select,Emergency on/off,Scan on/off,VOX on/off,Zone +/-,Repeater/Talkaround,One Touch Access,1750Hz etc (Up to 27 options). Once set, those features can be easily achieved when you long press or short press the side keys.
Digital voice encryption
- Retevis RT3S supports voice encryption.You can set 16 groups 4-bit basic password and 8 groups 32-bit enhanced password on the CPS.
- RT3S's encryption is compatible with RT3, RT8, RT82,RT90 DMR radio.
- RT3S is outfitted with lone worker function intended to ensure worker safety.
More useful features
- RT3S has the voice prompt function,but RT3 not.
- RT3S also has VOX hands-free function,CTCSS/DCS code,Scan,TOT and record functions.
About the programming software and fireware
- We can provide the USB driver,programming software and latest fireware.If you need them,you can download it from our official website.Or leave us your email address,we can send it by email.
- Use time-division multiple-Access(TDMA) digital technology
- Dual time slot for repeater
- Dual time slot for point to point
- Firmware upgradeable
- Lone worker
- Encryption function
- Compatible with Mototrbo Tier Ⅰ&Ⅱ
- Single call,group call and all call
- Analog and digital combiend
- Remote kill /stun and activate
- Up to 3000 channels
- Transmit interruption
- Group call match(promiscuous)
- Private call match(promiscuous)
- Emergency Alarm
- Voice Announcement
131 x 61 x 36mm
258g (with battery)
Adjacent Channel Power
Free Time Slot Power
Hum and noise
FM modulation mode
4FSK digital mode
12.5KHz(data and voice):7K60FXW
Modulation maximum deviation
Nonactive slot power
Modulation BER(bit error rate)
0.2microV 12dB SINAD
Adjacent Channel Selectivity
Rated Audio Distortion
Rated Audio Power
- 1 x RT3S two way radio
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x Antenna
- 1 x Adapter (EU/US/UK/AU optional)
- 1 x Charger
- 1 x User's manual
- 1 x Belt clip
- 1 x Programming cable (optional)
- 1 x Speaker Microphone (optional)
- 1 x Car Charger Battery Eliminator (optional)
- 1 x Acoustic tube Headset (optional)
- 1 x Holster (optional)
Notice: We will send you the right charger according to your country.
Question 1: It is with GPS?
Answer: RETEVIS RT3S has two models,with GPS or without GPS,you can choose what you want.
Question 2: Does RETEVIS RT3S has the Promiscuous function?
Answer: Yes,it does,in RT3S,it is called Group call match or Private call match.It has the ability to you listen to all groups.
Question 3: Hello,whether encryption?
Answer: Yes,and its encryption is compatible with RETEVIS RT3/RT8/RT82/RT90.
Question 4: Apology,this radio works with Tier II？
Answer: Yes,RT3S is one true dual time slot DMR radio,and it is compatible with Motorola DMR radios.
Question 5: Why RT3 is more expensive than RT3S?
Answer: They have the different chip,RT3 is superheterodyne,RT3S is RDA.
Question 6: With the radio there is a wire for programming?
Answer: Now we set six different packages,the first two package do not include the programming cable,others include the cable. And then you can download the driver and software from RETEVIS official website.
Question 7: Channels tied only to zones or there is no zones?
Answer: RT3S has many zones,and you can add the channel into the zone.
Question 8: This support SMS ? and compatible with motorola digital or other ht ?
Answer: Yes,RT3S support SMS short message, but the SMS function is not compatible with motorola digital or other ht. Because each manufacturer has different solutions regarding SMS, so they are not compatible.
Question 9: RT3S radio working on RDA chip？
Question 10: Has FM radio?
Answer: No,it does not support commercial FM radio.
Question 11: How to reset RT3S radio?
Answer: pls contact the customer service,she will provide you thr original codeplug,thrn you read it into your software and write it into your radio.
Question 12: Can I programmed the radio manually?
Answer: Yes.First enter into the VFO mode,then you can edit the frequency and other setting by keyboard.
Question 13: Is there a roaming function? what encryption(how many bits)?
Answer: No,not support roaming function.But it support encryption,4-bit basic password or 32-bit enhanced password.
Question 14: does the walkie-talkie scan all the channels?
Answer: No,you can add the channels into the scanlist,then scan thescanlist.
Question 15: This radio is compatible with Motorola P25?
Answer: No,it is compatible with DMR radio
Question 16: How to translate analogue to digital not connecting to a computer ??
Answer:No way. You should define the channel mode through the software.
Question 17: APRS is compatible?
Answer: Yes. Now RT3S is compatible with APRS.
Question 18: can we pair this device with baofeng 888s/UV-5R/UV-8S/UV-9R?
Answer: Yes, can in analog mode.
Question 19: Why sometimes RT3S can't talk normally when connected to the repeater?
Answer: In the digital channel, when the transmitting frequency and the receiving frequency are inconsistent, the default is the relay mode. In relay mode, ID 9990 is not available.
Question 20:How to enter into VFO mode of Retevis RT3s?
Answer: Two way to enter into VFO mode，by software or keyboard.
1.Open the software and click on “General Setting”,
2.switch”Freq/Channel Mode” to ”Freq”, ”Model Select A” “Model Select B” to “VFO” ,
3.Click on left”VFO Mode”,define the channel mode of row A and row B separately.
4.Turn on RT3S and connect to software.
5.Click to “Program” “Write data”, Waiting to prompt programmed successfully.
6.Disconnect RT3S , notice “V” in the right of screen.
Manually switch to VFO mode by keyboard
1. Click on “Menu” to enter,
2.Select in turn: Utilities>>Radio Settings>>Mode>>MR Mode
3.Back to main interface, notice now is in MR Mode
4.Long press Red Key switch to VFO mode ,“V” icon appear
5.Repeat the operation to make row B also enter VFO mode
6.Long press Red Key again switch to MR mode
7.Click on “Menu” to enter, Select in turn: Utilities>>Radio Settings>>Mode>>CH Mode
8.Press Red key to back to main interface,RT3S is in Channel Mode.
Question 21:How to solve the problem of abnormal frequency display?
Answer:1. First turn off the radio
2.Simultaneously press and hold the two side keys to turn on the radio
3.Now it's normal.